Personal information is collected by Cassava Remit Ltd. We collect personal information from you through the use of enquiry and registration forms and every time you e-mail us your details.
We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We process personal information collected via www.cassavaremit.com and www.cassavaremit.co.uk for the purposes of:
- To periodically Electronically verify your details with National and Credit agency databases
- Providing a personalised service
- Conducting market research surveys
- Running competitions
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer
We may also disclose your information to business partners, governmental agencies and third-party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf or in accordance with a properly executed court order.
We also use information in aggregate form (This is to ensure that no individual user is identified.) This information is used to:
- Build up marketing profiles
- Aid strategic development
- Manage our relationship with advertisers
- Audit usage of the site
Regulatory Obligations & Legitimate interest
As an MSB, we are legally obliged to establish the identity of all our customers by adopting Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures to obtain personal data. Once these details are obtained, we are legally obliged to keep them for a minimum of 5 years
If you no longer maintain a legitimate interest to continue processing transactions with us after the 5 year period of your last transaction, we will remove your personal data from our system
We use "cookies" to identify you when you visit the www.cassavaremit.com and www.cassavaremit.co.uk site and to build up a demographic profile.
Use of Web Beacons
Cassava Remit web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that allow Cassava Remit Ltd to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information on the Cassava Remit network of sites and services; they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about Cassava Remit website usage.
Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the www.cassavaremit.com and www.cassavaremit.co.uk sites and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Controlling information about you
In your profile on the Cassava Remit website you will find the following opt-in:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Cassava Remit Limited, 9th Floor, 6 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BF
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Your Individual rights:
- To be informed about how your personal data is stored and being used
- To be informed about what type of data we hold on you and how it is accessed
- To request for your personal data to be Rectified, amended or corrected
- To request for your personal data to be deleted or erased from our records
- To ask for your personal data be restricted if it is being held in violation of the law
- To be informed about the portability of your data explaining means by which your personal data is transferred
- To be informed about how we obtain this data
- To validate the authenticity of the personal data we have about you
- To request for your right to be forgotten by deleting personal data as well as any links that may replicate, copy or repeat personal data from public records. This request may be limited to Regulatory Obligations as explained above
- Your right to notification whenever there is a breach
- The right to complain to the Data Protection Officer whenever you feel your personal data has been misused
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We are PCI compliant and have strong security measures and controls in place to protect systems and data. Regular system scans and penetration tests are conducted to ensure system security. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site's data protection and privacy policies fully.
Changes to this Statement
Cassava Remit will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. If there are material changes to this statement or in how Cassava Remit will use your personally identifiable information, Cassava Remit will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change. Cassava Remit encourages you to periodically review this statement in order to be informed of how Cassava Remit Ltd is protecting your information.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact us.